There are many actions the District can take to support affordable housing. I call on the D.C. government to take some very specific steps:
- Increase funding for Limited Equity Housing Cooperatives
- At least double funding for the Housing Production Trust Fund
- Strengthen rent control laws
- Build more public housing
- Finalize the rules for the District Opportunity to Purchase Act, a law the District has on the books that can protect and expand affordable housing
Currently around the Congress Heights Metro, a coalition of developers is working to gentrify the surrounding community at the expense of current residents. I support these tenants in their fight!
Take action to support tenants and other low-income residents from predatory slumlords and gentrification in Congress Heights!
- Petition to support tenants in Congress Heights
- Petition to support affordable housing
- Petition to demand an investigation into questionable real estate development
Residents of Montgomery County, you can add your name to our petition decrying Sanford's ability to operate as a slumlord out of Bethesda.